I awoke yesterday morning to howling. Kind of hard to sleep through the howling of 6 dogs. I do not know what caused them to do this...I didn't hear a siren myself. In hindsight, it was actually quite pretty, but I had just finished reading a book about werewolves and vampires so it of course freaked me out. It was about 4:00am so I had to will myself back to sleep.
I went fishing with a friend from here and caught my littlest fish! He's a small mouth bass about the size of my bait...this brings new meaning to biting off more than you can chew! He must have been very hungry, for sure daring. Thankfully we got the hook out and revived him so he has a chance of becoming a big fish.

After that I caught my first crappie. We did decide to keep him, and hung him off the boat while we went to lunch. Well, when we got back, something ate him. I felt really bad...funny thing, I ASKED if that could happen and my friend said no way. Ironic.
I also caught my first of many catfish. We didn't keep any catfish but one of the ones I caught was a keeper. I didn’t know they croak at you! I think they are ugly but another friend thinks their cute. It’s all in the eye of the beholder.

During the break, I took another friend’s wayward teenager daughter to the county fair. This was definitely a new experience. I watched pig judging and was lucky to have someone tell me what they were looking for. I also went on three rides…I haven’t done that in a while but it was fun! Much more fun than I thought it would be. Someone asked me if I was this 16 year old girls mother…that was a blow to the gut for sure. I am 31, in my world, I am not old enough to have a 16 year old daughter.

We returned to fishing after the fair. Dora, who belongs to the son of the people I’m sitting for, decided she wanted to come with. We told her no and she decided to come anyway.
During the break, I took another friend’s wayward teenager daughter to the county fair. This was definitely a new experience. I watched pig judging and was lucky to have someone tell me what they were looking for. I also went on three rides…I haven’t done that in a while but it was fun! Much more fun than I thought it would be. Someone asked me if I was this 16 year old girls mother…that was a blow to the gut for sure. I am 31, in my world, I am not old enough to have a 16 year old daughter.
We returned to fishing after the fair. Dora, who belongs to the son of the people I’m sitting for, decided she wanted to come with. We told her no and she decided to come anyway.
