Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pound, Pound, Pound!

The last few days have been busier than I’ve had in a while, which is good…

Golf on Ice

Yes, that’s right, friends plowed a 9 hole golf course on their lake. They used augers to drill the holes, complete with flags, food, wind and snow. It was a lot of fun. We used tennis balls seeing as how golf balls get lost pretty quick. A couple of guys rigged up an old riding lawn mower with a plastic steer head for handlebars and mounted a keg of beer on the back. This was their golf cart. They spent a lot of time on their shots, broke the lawnmower, fixed it and then their beer froze so they quit. It was a hoot and I wish I had that on my camera.

Blackjack Benefit


Friends were celebrating their 27th Anniversary but no one knew until they got there. John sang a special song (I love this song, one of my absolute favorites – note the happy couple dancing in the background – I love seeing that too):




I’m dieting again. Eeewwwww!

Funny thing is, I don’t hate eating healthy. I like to cook so good food goes hand in hand, BUT I LOVE CHEESEBURGERS AND FRENCH FRIES. I think I inherited that from my Dad. I could eat them every day.

But I’m thinking of the greater good! Me! I cannot gain anymore weight. Which means I need to lose some (so I can gain it back later). I’m even giving up alcohol. Yikes! What has the world come to? We will see how long it lasts, I really, really, really like wine. But, I really, really, really hate dieting. I think the diet will last shorter if I cut out alcohol. It’s just a theory. A person can only diet for so long, the shorter, the better.

Job Search

I wouldn’t wish job searching on anyone. Really, not anyone. It is an awful, awful position to be in. Everything I do that is fun has a shadow over it. I found a great job at SuperValu that I believe I am perfect for. Hopefully I’m more perfect than the thousands of other people trying for it. Oh, I have people that want me to do tune ups on their horses this spring too. Crap. I’m trying to look at this experience as character building.