Wow! I am so lucky I had a friend with free tickets who invited me to see this movie. I otherwise might not have seen it! I'm not much of a movie watcher. I'll get interested in a trailer, then forget about it. There are many many movies I have never seen.
Slumdog Millionaire was a very good movie. Not at all predictable, which I really appreciate in a movie. The basic plot is about a 18-year old boy that winds up getting really far in the tv show "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" in India. He is accused of cheating and interrogated.
It is a love story, and a very good one. There are some laughs, but it is mostly dramatic and very intense.
Some moments where I cringed and some moments I would have liked to keep my rose colored glasses on for. I may possibly have a nightmare tonight.
All in all a very good movie, definitely worth seeing! I went for free but I would have paid. This makes up for "New in Town," which I could have waited to see on DVD.
There is some controversy surrounding the movie. It is all speculation so I can't comment on it. I expect Hollyweird to distort reality...they are supposed to entertain. I expect the media to sensationalize...many people don't know they are supposed to entertain too!
Here's the trailer:
Slumdog Millionaire was a very good movie. Not at all predictable, which I really appreciate in a movie. The basic plot is about a 18-year old boy that winds up getting really far in the tv show "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" in India. He is accused of cheating and interrogated.
It is a love story, and a very good one. There are some laughs, but it is mostly dramatic and very intense.
Some moments where I cringed and some moments I would have liked to keep my rose colored glasses on for. I may possibly have a nightmare tonight.
All in all a very good movie, definitely worth seeing! I went for free but I would have paid. This makes up for "New in Town," which I could have waited to see on DVD.
There is some controversy surrounding the movie. It is all speculation so I can't comment on it. I expect Hollyweird to distort reality...they are supposed to entertain. I expect the media to sensationalize...many people don't know they are supposed to entertain too!
Here's the trailer:
