Monday, November 2, 2009

Coming Out of the Fog with a Wine Hangover

So last Wednesday night was the onset of My Worst Illness Ever. It went from a sore throat Wednesday night to a Throat On Fire Thursday morning to 102.8 degree temperature, Body Aches that rival broken bones, Delerium and general concern over how I would get myself to the hospital, if needed.

I was completely useless for 3 whole days - and am still really not fully better (but feel great considering the former).

The doctors said probably H1N1 - but they won't test you unless you are hospitalized or having complications. I'll take not knowing over the other options.

I had all the symptoms and got knocked out but it hasn't lasted as long as I expected.

I am so thankful - due to my horrifically sore throat (I have an ulcer on my right tonsil), I spent the weekend on a liquid diet paired with white wine on the rocks. Thank you Sandra, that does work well.

I didn't hand out any trick or treat candy which is a bummer because I like seeing all the kids in their costumes. But, I didn't want to hand them all H1N1 so I guess maybe next year.

No Halloween parties either - which works good because I didn't have a costume yet.

I didn't even watch horse videos, I was too tired to sit through that.

I did go into work this morning and worked a half day there and a half day at home. I had some major breakthroughs in the way of projects so celebrated by hitting up Haskell's wine sale (it's that time of year again).

Two cases of wine later, I am once again exhausted and going to bed. But, I thought I'd blog once just to act as though I still do this.