It's Women.Read This.
Now Read This.
Damn the uppity whiny women that seek to do more than clean toilets. Why can't they just be silent and stay home?
Blaming the economy and the happiness of people on women? So, now it's our fault?
I am so pissed off I can barely stand to write about this. If I wrote a piece on how perhaps black people would prefer to be slaves and there would be less crime if they were still slaves, DO YOU THINK THE STRIB WOULD PRINT IT? WOULD PEOPLE TAKE IT LIGHTLY? WOULD THEY PONDER THE POSSIBILITY?
Of course not. But, it's certainly okay to help spread all over the world a story about how UNHAPPINESS is because of WOMEN GETTING RIGHTS and WOMEN BEING ALLOWED TO PURSUIT INTERESTS.
Our unhappiness is just as much women's fault as crime is the fault of minorities.
The problem can't possibly be the mismanagement of resources and GREED. Oh no. If women would just stay home with their 2.2 children, everything would be just fine and we'd all be living the dream (wait, who would be living the dream?).
I'm sure everyone who grew up in the 20's-80's would COMPLETELY agree with that statement.
I think our problems with contentment stem from the inability of the average non-millionaire family to make ends meet and have real work-life balance. Today a friend also pointed out that personal spending is a huge factor. I would agree...if people lived within their means, they would be happier. HAVING STUFF does not equal happiness.
Katherine Kersten also suggests men think of women as sex objects BECAUSE of the sexual revolution...the right to choices, the right to personal space and the right to be safe. WTF is wrong with this woman? Is she seriously saying men didn't view women as sex objects before that? That makes me laugh. Kind-of.
Okay, now read this and tell me everything is fine. This woman went through every channel available to her for help and she was killed anyway. If anyone thinks domestic violence, women's rights and equality are not all tied together, they need to get their heads out of the sand.
Kersten also suggests we are unhappy because working outside the home is harder than working in the home. Seriously? I'm quite sure my friends that stay at home with their children would heavily disagree with this idea.
I happen to believe one of the greatest jobs a person can ever do is raise good children that turn into good people. I believe children need their parents. Ideally, it would be great if every family *could* have one parent home. *Note I said could not would.
I am so embarrassed this woman is a writer for a newspaper. Sure, she's in the opinion piece, but I think they could find someone better. Perhaps a little more balanced, a little more intelligent, not sexist or hateful. Just a thought.
I apologize for all the caps earlier. I'm pissed.
On a lighter note...GO TWINS! They won yesterday and today! The game yesterday was awesome, very dramatic with Nick Blackburn doing a great job at pitching, Joe Mauer putting us on the bases first, Michael Cuddyer hitting a homer, Denard Span making an almost impossible catch (he had to dive for it) and Joe Nathan striking everyone out in the last inning. (Thanks P. for the names.)
I had a really great time!
