Friday, April 24, 2009

The "Sophisticated" and Glamorous Child

This post is dedicated to the crazy people that pageant their children. As in make their kids look like this:
Whom I believe secretly think their children are no more insightful or worthy of imagination or opinion than this:
And expect them to turn out like normal functioning adult women in a society that already obsesses over beauty and weight. Who the heck puts their kids in “evening attire” and “swimwear” competitions?!?

These People (Beware of sparkles)

I super loved watching one pageant (on the TLC channel on television) where the announcer said that the 6 year old on stage “loves to go shopping and have crab for dinner with a side of shrimp.” WTF?

Let’s dissect.

I say the poor child probably likes macaroni and cheese, pizza, pancakes and chicken nuggets just like every other kid out there. Her mother probably thinks it’s chique for one to like crab and shrimp because sometimes she goes to Red Lobster and that’s ‘spensive.

Kids might like shopping for about, oh let’s say, 20 minutes! But seriously, kids like swimming, playing sports, watching Disney movies, getting ice cream, gymnastics, and if you really let ‘em buck, they might just start catching bees, building forts, making up their own games, building Barbie babysitting business empires and daring each other to eat bird poop. That’s what kids do.

I sincerely believe in artistic expression, I also believe that some people are gifted with a stage presence and a want to entertain. But some of the crap I see on these shows, the audacity of these “parents” – shame on them! Their kids are going to wind up looking like this:


The pageanting of children is quite possibly in the top five most offensive things I've seen. Besides teaching children that appearance is EVERYTHING, they are chipping away at their own children's self esteem every time they feel they need to enhance with make up, tanners, hair dye, etc. Using these products GIVES THE KIDS THE IMPRESSION THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH THE WAY THEY ARE.

Hello! This is not rocket science! And if people think the kids think this is anything other than a beauty pageant, they are in denial. Kids are smart, they pick up on things pretty quick. Espeically when they are wearing more make-up than most adult women put on in a week.

And don't get me started on the heyday pedophiles and child pornographers have with this crap.

Shame on these people!