Well, I had an exceptionally painful date this evening. I hate to get into it too much but it has to do with a horrifically shy individual and me running out of things to talk about.Believe it or not, I literally ran out of things to say and questions to ask. He just sat there and didn’t talk. Whole minutes went by without conversation and he just didn’t say a word! I tried and tried and tried. But I could not keep a conversation going, I could not get him to say more than a few words.
I tried social issues (he doesn’t read the paper), I tried funny stories, I asked him a lot about golf (he likes golf) but it just didn’t work.
Then he under tipped the server and that was it for me!
So, it’s Saturday, the weather is relatively fabulous and I have nothing to do. I suppose I could have continued on with the date and we could have gone to a movie (he seemed to be thinking we’d do that) but it seems terribly inconsiderate and rude to have the guy pay for my theater ticket when I know I will not be going out with him again. I know this is modus operandi for many women but I think I’ve always known that I’m not just like the rest.
Also, I don’t want to be tempted by one of my greatest weaknesses, which is movie theater popcorn.
I was up at 6:30 this morning (I felt like I had slept in after the week I had) so maybe I’ll go to bed early tonight and do it again tomorrow.
Yee haw, I am SUCH a cowgirl I can’t even stand it.
Oh, I did find out one cool thing. The Green Mill is a socially responsible restaurant. They "offer choices that reflect [their] commitment to sustainable agriculture."
They aren't as big of a chain as we might think. They have around 25 locations in the Midwest, mostly Minnesota. The first one was opened in the 1930's and is still on Grand Avenue. Who knew?!
Not me. Maybe they need help in their marketing department.
