Thursday, November 25, 2010

I am "In Charge" of Pie

This year my Mother has officially assigned jobs to my sister, sister in law and myself to bring food for Thanksgiving. I've been doing pies the last couple of years but now its official. I think this is a great idea for her to do.

I asked her if I could make any kind of pie - I wanted to try some new recipies. Like coconut or chocolate pecan or some fun variation of my personal favorite, french silk.

She said, "You can make whatever you want - but make sure to do Grandma's pumpkin pie and an apple pie for your Dad."

Later on in the conversation she said, "We don't need any more than two pies."

So last night and today I made my Mother's idea of whatever pie I want! I added caramel to the apple - hopefully I will be forgiven for that...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!